Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Jessa Rae Today: I want my 1995 body back!

Ok, here's the deal...I'm a former skinny girl. In 1995 I never had to worry about what I ate or when I ate it. Ahh, those were the days when I could eat McDonald's for breakfast, lunch AND dinner and still pig out on ice cream before bed and still rock a itty bitty bikini! I had boys tongues wagging, and I loved to shop for clothes. Wow. I loved that "me".

NOT ANYMORE. I've become my worst nightmare!

And that's what compelled me to start a blog. There's more of you out there like me. All you former skinny girls that now deal with muffin tops, stretch marks and 40 pounds you dream about getting rid of, but never do! I want to inspire you on my journey as I embark on a mission...to reach 140 pounds, my "1995" weight!

So, you're wondering how I am going to do this.....yeeeah, me too, actually!

Sadly, I'm admitting that this is my 1,236th time following the Weight Watchers plan since 2001. Yesterday was day 1. I've lovingly dubbed Weight Watchers, "Fat Camp". Believe it or not...I'm always successful when I go to Fat Camp meetings and track my food, plan to eat, etc. But at week 6, something happens, and I get sick of being accountable and thinking about what I need to eat ALL THE TIME. I wanna chow down on a foot long meatball Subway sandwich with extra cheese and a bag of Doritos washed down by an ice cold Coca Cola and not write it down! But then, ahem...that's why I'm 40 pounds overweight, riyght?

Ok, ok, I don't sound like the poster child for weight loss. But you're nodding your head in agreement, aren't you? I know you are!!!

Because there are more "Jessa Rae's" out there, I'm going to document my peaks and valleys, the ugly and the not so ugly, and what I'm doing to get my 1995 body back! I'm a real girl, in the real world. I work full time, I drive a mini-van and my metabolism SUCKS.

To prove I'm just like you, here's some info about me:


1) I'm gonna be 35 this year. Ouch.

2) I have 2 kids that I love dearly and I'm happily married to my high school sweet heart. Being with someone for 17 years can add "comfort flubber". I'm proof. So is he.

3) I now sport a rocking belly that looks like a deflated balloon, or chewed up bubblegum....errr, well, it sorta resembles bread dough, too. I'd like to thank my 10 and a half pound born son for that war wound!

4) Spanxx are my friend, French Silk pie is my nemesis.

5) I give women dirty looks at the pool that can still pull off a bikini that have a baby on their hip and 3 more toddlers splashing around them. I try to tell myself she adopted them, but they all look just like her. Damn her. I hate her!

6) I loathe going to the mall to get a new outfit because reality bites my fat butt and I have to purchase a size that looks like morse code. And those mirrors and lighting in the dressing rooms accentuate your cellulite. Then I get upset and I want to go to the Cheesecake Factory and deal with my sad feelings in a piece of chocolate chip cheesecake. With extra chocolate sauce drizzle, please.

7) I have dreams of having an organized home with little clear containers labeled with the contents in my pantry and cute baskets on shelves with neatly filed papers. Instead I throw things in drawers and scramble around looking for the permission slip I was supposed to hand in today for my daughter's field trip, then pay for it in pennies because I don't have any cash on me....Oh...and I forgot to order more checks when we ran out last month.

Thanks for stopping by Jessa Rae Today and I hope I can entertain you, and inspire you on my journey to get my 1995 body back!

ENJOY THE RIDE!








5 comments:

  1. You are beautiful to me! I remember way back before 1995. All my Love and support, aging Dod. You go Tiny Dancer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great, Jess! I have no doubt you'll do it!!! I'll be cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess - this is so great! I love it! I'm with you all the way. Call when you are sick of all your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the comment about your belly was awesome. Simply put analogy genius. Kudos... keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your belly and mine, Jessica! One word of warning though...it will look WORSE as you lose the weight. I've lost 35lbs on WW and the belly looks worse now than when I was 35lbs heavier.

    Oh and I also assume all women in a two piece with children have had surgery.

    ReplyDelete