Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Week 6 woes

I just don't get it. Why can't week 6 and I be friends? EVERY time I enroll in Fat Camp, week 6 serves me a big ole crap sandwich! My week 6 plate of poo was a 0.8lb gain over 2 weeks. What the @#!&?

During the past 2 weeks, I've walked/jogged 2-4 miles A DAY with my dog, Jake. I had some moments of weakness (okay, chocolate covered raisins, Snowcaps, Jr Mints and Butterfinger ice cream pie) and I forgot to track for 4 days, but I didn't hold the local chocolate shop hostage or live in a bag of chips. My intake was still mindful. I ate fruits, veggies, made better choices at BBQs and didn't get so full I had to unbutton my pants!

*sigh*

Had I eaten my weight in rocky road ice cream, or took a bath in Pringles, I'd be ok with my poor weigh in results. My foot fell off the path for a few days of ignorance. Wow. If just a teeny bit of ignorance poses a gain, I'm convinced I can't fall off this tightrope I'm walking again! There's no safety net. If I fall, I break my neck. The end!

The lady that weighed me in saw my shoulders slump and face droop in displeasure as she wrote +0.8 in my book. She asked what struggles or challenges I had that resulted in my gain. I blurted out "chocolate covered raisins"! And we laughed...then I proceeded to explain that I started daily walks/jogs 2 weeks ago so I am disturbed by my gain. Even if I ate a few things I shouldn't have, and went over points a few days, I didn't expect a GAIN!?!? She suggested I start taking body measurements! AHA! I already did! And I professed my joy in the 8.5 inches I lost since I became a Fat Camper! I'm still not sure I understand how you can lose inches but not pounds, but she said it was good, and to not be discouraged by the small gain.

BUT NOW I FEEL LIKE I WASTED 2 WEEKS! 
I was supposed to lose 3 pounds over 2 weeks!

My partner in crime, "N" and I made a deal not to dip into our "pleasure points" this week. On the WW plan, you get 35 extra points per week to use however you want...on one day for dinner, over 7 days, etc. We've both used them up every week. Our little experiment we're conducting will determine if using these are better or worse for us. Stay tuned to see how that goes!

For now, I'm going to drown my sorrows in my Crystal Light Raspberry Green Tea. It's a new week. Time to move on and be a big loser!

1 comment:

  1. as you have said, you are working out now and you will experience some gains since you are gaining muscle. that would be how you gain weight and lose inches. you are doing great!!
    blair

    ReplyDelete