Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Remember me?

Well, here we are, April 27th, 2011. Exactly one year ago I began this blog! Whoah, weird.

I decided to blog again to just let it all out somewhere. Whatever was on my mind, I'd let my fingers do the talking over my keyboard. If you're intrigued enough to read, great. Otherwise, it's free therapy for yours truly.

So, let's begin with today, Wednesday April 27th. What's on my mind today?

Well...

I cannot wait to get these F*#$ing braces off my teeth. I got them on November 1st because I'm obsessed with straight, perfect teeth. It's probably because I grew up with a snaggle tooth and hated it. When I was old enough (and had the money) to get it fixed, I did it myself.

I was 26 then...and pregnant. Yeaaah, I looked real cute! Wore them for 2.5 years and 6 years later, they shifted almost right back where they were before I wore them the FIRST time.

Some said I was nuts for electing to get them on again. Oh yeah, and they are the extra geeky metal version, not the clear ones! Heh-heh. Oh well. I have to look at myself in the mirror everyday. I didn't like knowing I spent nearly 3 years in orthodontic hell to have crooked teeth AGAIN. I only had to wear these for 6 months...then permanent retainers go on. *heavenly music plays, Jess raises her arms up*.

I'll take a picture of my big ole brace-free grin May 12! For now, every photo that's taken of me will be a closed-mouth smile.




No comments:

Post a Comment