I get sooo mad at my kids when they pull the "I WANT THIS..." routine. I can't believe they want for things when they have everything they need, or don't need, for that matter. My son is the "King of Wantville". He'll throw a fit if I don't cave in and get him the candy bar at the checkout lane.
But it's funny...I find myself doing the same dang thing. Like my son, I throw fits when I don't get what I want. I might not throw a tissy with arms crossed and a scowl on my face like he does, but I'll throw 'tude and I'm real good at the silent treatment, too. Yup, I guess when I don't get what I want, I get upset, too. I want MY way.
I remember when all I wanted was a new house. I got the new house 6 years ago. Brand spankin' new! And I really need to appreciate that more. I find myself pining for the bigger home in a warmer climate instead of loving the one I'm in. I think we're all guilty of wanting that.
But metaphorically speaking, when the going gets rough/too small/run down/not as easy as it used to be in ANY part of our lives...we need to not want something else, rather fix what we have and love it as much as we can.
Sometimes we need reality checks. I had one this week. And what did I learn from it? I need to be more kind, less resentful, and want LESS.
But it's funny...I find myself doing the same dang thing. Like my son, I throw fits when I don't get what I want. I might not throw a tissy with arms crossed and a scowl on my face like he does, but I'll throw 'tude and I'm real good at the silent treatment, too. Yup, I guess when I don't get what I want, I get upset, too. I want MY way.
I remember when all I wanted was a new house. I got the new house 6 years ago. Brand spankin' new! And I really need to appreciate that more. I find myself pining for the bigger home in a warmer climate instead of loving the one I'm in. I think we're all guilty of wanting that.
But metaphorically speaking, when the going gets rough/too small/run down/not as easy as it used to be in ANY part of our lives...we need to not want something else, rather fix what we have and love it as much as we can.
Sometimes we need reality checks. I had one this week. And what did I learn from it? I need to be more kind, less resentful, and want LESS.
No comments:
Post a Comment