Remember how I said that I don't buy things I indulge in because if it's in the house I'll eat it all? Yeeah. I totally goofed and bought 2 bags of chocolate covered raisins last time I shopped for groceries. I put them into a nice tupperware container, and placed them in my pantry, thinking I'd count out 15 and eat them as my dessert after dinner. I ate the 15....then 16, 17, 18, 19, 20....eh, a whole handful later, 3 times a day, and in 2 short days all the chocolate covered raisins were GONE. And wanna know what else? I didn't write it down in my food journal til the end of the day and had to then realize what I'd done. Grrrr. Bad, bad, Fat Jess. The skinny girl lost that fight. But I have to move forward. It's done, I enjoyed those little yummy dried grapes with chocolate coating (too much) and a new day is ahead of me. Sometimes you need to make mistakes to learn from them. And now I know that I can't have chocolate covered raisins lurking on my pantry shelf. But man, they were fricken good!
Tonight is weigh-in day! I'm more nervous today than in the past 3 weigh-ins because this one holds the key to an important milestone. My 5 lb loss mark! I'm only .2 lbs away from my 5lb loss (4.8lbs to date). I just fear that this week I'll stay the same, or gain. Uggg, that would suck! And I don't get on my scale here at home...I'm accountable at my meetings, and that's where I celebrate. So, cross your fingers that I "stay above the yellow line" tonight (for you non-Biggest Loser show fans, this is when you're sent home).
I'd like to take a moment away from my weight loss discussion to talk about something in my life that happened this past weekend. Life really is like a box of chocolates...you never know what you're gonna get every time you reach in the box.
I learned about a woman who was in desperate need to find a home for her 15 month old American Staffordshire Terrier, Bubba. After a failed attempt to locate a home for him, I decided (well, ok I begged my husband and he said since I'm home 90% of the time its 90% up to me) we'd meet this cute dog and see if he was a good fit for our family. After a successful meeting on Saturday morning, we decided to give Bubba a home with us. We already have a dog named Bubba at our house, and it was very confusing...so we changed his name to Jake (my hubs named him...he's a Blues Brothers movie fan). Not only did we help Jake's owner save him from being euthanized, she gave us an opportunity of a lifetime. We showed our kids that acting upon good deeds and showing kindness are how we should all live our lives more. And Jake has lit up our lives! He is the sweetest, snuggly and most obedient, mild-mannered 15 month old 95lbs of dog I've ever met. I've already trained him to go on walks with me with a training collar at my side without wandering, he is soooo gentle with my kids and....here's what I love most....has made a connection with me. Yes, ME! I'm his "master". Imagine seeing me with a 40 inch tall, 95lb dog going down the sidewalk OBEYING me. Crazy, huh? I really do love him after just 2 short days of knowing him. When I reached into the box to grab my chocolate this time, I got lucky. I didn't have to bite it and put it back! This one's a keeper!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment