Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The finish line

I woke up today with a grin on my face. My hard work is paying off. Last night at Fat Camp weigh-in, I lost another 1.8 lbs! That brings my total to 6.6lbs down to date. I am excited that not only did I surpass my 5lb loss mark, but that my clothes are beginning to fit better on me and my belly fat is slowing shrinking. YEEEAY!

As "N" and I discussed our loss last night (she also surpassed her 5lb loss mark!) we were chatting about how we view this journey we're on with our weight loss. Of course, I have my sights set on my July trip to Mexico where I have to prance around in a swimsuit, chasing down my kids on the beach. That's enough motivation for me right there to want to take action and get in shape/lose weight. But..."N" and I decided that this isn't a race to the finish line. This is a LIFESTYLE change. Our meetings are like therapy for us. We hear other members struggle, or be successful. The leader gives us attitude adjustments with her weekly topics, and just being PRESENT, and making the EFFORT to go to the meetings makes you feel empowered. Like you're taking back your right to eat healthy and choose what goes into your body! I'm learning to eat all over again. I admit I was in a big hurry to see the weight come off, and was VERY discouraged at my measely 1.4, 1.6 and 1.8 losses per week....I was hoping to see 4, or 5 lbs melt off me in 7 days. I guess I realize that to do this the RIGHT way....for longevity and success....it's a slow and steady process.

So, for those of you reading who are on a weight loss/healthy eating journey like I am...don't sprint to the finish line. Because with a lifestyle change, there really isn't a finish line! Meet little goals along the way, and don't set your expectations too high. Be realistic.

Our Fat Camp leader gave us this challenge this week...set a realistic ACTIVITY goal for ourselves. Hmmm, I realized my "running" goal wasn't a good goal for me because 1) I hate it, and 2) I hate it. Hah! So, I'm shooting for a smaller goal. Walk my new dog 2 times a day about 1-2 miles. And I bought a kickboxing DVD someone recommeded for me on here to try. Yep, ANOTHER DVD. Boy, oh boy, my hubs is gonna roll his eyes when it arrives in the mail! I bought the INSANITY DVD workout set several weeks ago and tried it. Hahaha...yeeeeah. You have to be in shape to do that before you start. Eh, maybe I'll do it next year? See, I'm already setting realistic expectations!

1 comment:

  1. Love, Love, Love todays Blog ..... so so so inspirational Jess.

    Julie Jordan x

    ReplyDelete