I'M ANGRY!
Today is the start of week 3 with Fat Camp, and this evening is weigh-in. Dum-dum-dum-dum! Why do I get so nervous before this? I should be excited to step on that scale and see less of me. But no number right now is good enough. I want to see all 38 pounds go away NOW, dammit! At one point this past week, I sincerely debated whether or not to just dive face first into a Culver's Hot Fudge Brownie sundae and load up on Coca-cola all week long and gain 30 pounds more just to be considered for the next season of The Biggest Loser. There, I'd be held accountable, eat specific items, and have someone telling me what to do, and how to do it to be successful in my weight loss.
I've read books, blogs, enrolled in Weight Watchers (remember this is my 1,756th time doing it?) and I do well for a short time. By week 6, I've lost 10 pounds or more, feel awesome about it then I slowly introduce the "Fat Girl" foods back into my life and gain it all back. Then I gain it all back. Then I gain it all back. Then I gain it all back. Ugg. If I typed that for each time I lost and gained, I'd fill this blog with that sentence.
I AM SO MAD AT YOU, JESS!
Had I kept on going from October 2009 when my hubs and I dedicated ourselves to Fat Camp back then, I'd probably be 40lbs lighter right now. But then I wouldn't be entertaining you with this blog! So, I guess there was a reason for me to fail. Again.
I feel like an utter failure today. Sorry I'm being so gloom and doom. But I'm not perfect. Eating quinoa, baby garbanzo beans, cucumbers, snap peas, apples, grapes and drinking water like I'm a camel in the desert has to pay off at some point? I sware on my left flappy arm fat that if I don't lose at least one pound this week, I'm going to live on broccoli and water all week long.
I do want to point out some small positives from this past week I should applaud myself for...
1) I ran 4 times. I don't run. But I forced myself to.
2) My nieces came over for a sleepover over the weekend, and instead of ordering a pizza, coke and eating M&M's, Junior Mints and buttery popcorn at movie time, we danced, opted for a healthier dinner and had popcorn...sans butter!
3) While I might not be losing tons of weight, my body is changing. I've lost inches in a few places, and things fit a teeny bit better. But my "skinny jeans" from 2003 are still folded up in my swimsuit drawer waiting for the day I can wear them again!
4) Mother's day can turn into another "food holiday" very easily. For breakfast, I had my everyday favorite, pumpkin-maple-oatmeal (a 3 point fiber frenzy). We had Jimmy John's for lunch, but I cut mine in half and only ate ONE half--hey, that's not easy! For dinner we made organic chicken on the grill with yellow potato slices in olive oil and parmesan cheese, a huge salad and harvest grains as a side. Instead of going out to eat having a calorie orgy, we stayed home, burned calories planting new flowers, edging the landscaping and pulling weeds for a solid 5 hours in the yard.
So, ok, I made better choices, but I still don't like what I see looking back at me in the mirror today. I'm starting to turn green again, and my shirt is ripping...rrrawwr! JESS SMASH!
Maybe one of your exercises instead of running can be to put on Garretts hulk gloves and use them as boxing gloves and get all your anger towards yourself out! :) Haha "JESS SMASH" that made me giggle. You're doin great Jess! I love reading your blog and I wish I had your motivation.
ReplyDeleteLove your cuz,
Jenni :)