Week 6, oh how I dread knowing what I'm in for this week. I'm already watching myself let my good habits turn bad FAST! Why does this happen every time week 6 hits? I feel like I'm in a Scooby-Doo episode....ya know, where the ghost is someone obvious dressed up and the kids find out at the end...then the unmasked ghost says "...and if it wasn't for these darn kids, I'd have gotten away with it!". This is so predictable of me, just like every Scooby Doo cartoon. I'm facing a huge hurdle this week. I just don't want to be foiled again by week 6!
I made BETTER choices this past week. But I still screwed up. I still chose to eat leftover ice cream cake from a BBQ I hosted Saturday instead of my oatmeal this morning. I had a turkey dog for lunch with strawberries (ok, that's better). However, we saw Shrek 4 in the late afternoon and I indulged in Sno-Caps, Licorice Snaps and the top layer of the buttered popcorn in the movie theatre. And for dinner, I wasn't really hungry, and since there was just ONE more Drumstick in the freezer, I decided it meant it was for me. Afterall, it's a holiday, right? Yep. Week 6 is off to a craptastic start already! Grrrr....
Holiday BBQs and week 6 are NOT a good combo for me. I'm about 7 lbs down at this point, and unfortunately, since today was a national holiday, it meant no WW meeting for me tonight to keep me accountable. I refuse to get on my scale here at home, I don't want to be discouraged if my weight crept up or stayed the same. One week of failure would be too much for me to handle right now, and I just might hold the poor guy at the Baskin Robbins hostage and live on Rocky Road ice cream for 2 days straight.
So, to recap week 5 in Jessa Rae land:
1) I didn't track my food this week. This is bad, bad, bad, bad. Not using my food journal is like handing me over cupcakes and telling me they are zero points when they really aren't. Failure is iminent while not tracking my food intake. So, as I write this, I'm looking over at my sad little empty food journal that reads May 26th with just one item scribbled in it "Cinnamon Life cereal 4 pts".
2) I attended 3 BBQs in a 5 day span. I did OK. Better choices were made, and I loaded up on fresh fruit and veggies and gnoshed on veggies burgers vs the real cow versions. But I splurged. And since I didn't track, I "guesstimated" my points. This means I underestimated. And this means my week 5 weigh in probably wouldn't have been what I wanted it to be.
3) Walking my new dog has benefits! I've walked 2-5 miles a day with my four legged pal Jake. This was my "realistic" exercise goal, and I met it. I'm just waiting patiently for my new kickboxing DVD to show up so I can add that in 4xs a week!
To act as my own self-help expert here, I'm going to recognize my weak points and prescribe the best medicine for week 6 success:
- Today is over. Tomorrow will be a better day.
- JOURNAL! TRACK! Count every bite, lick and taste!
- Exercise. Some is better than none at all!
- Wear the clothes that fit a little more snug...it bites into the muffin top and cuts into my thunder thighs and reminds me what I'm working toward.
Bite on this:
"Your body is the baggage you must carry through life. The more excess the baggage, the shorter the trip." -Arnold H. Glasgow
Monday, May 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Okay - so you fell off the wagon .. into some delicious food. Big deal. Today, tomorrow and every day after is a new day. It's a good thing that you feel guilty about not staying on track! You will succeed Jess. Because skinny Jess wants to come out and play with skinny N!!
ReplyDelete